Decision Making Research (DMR) is a research-based marketing communications firm focused on developing marketing initiatives that drive revenues. We’ve done this for some of the world’s best-known brands (DirecTV, Philips, John Hancock, Fidelity, AARP).
We started more than 20 years ago and have established a track record of success for our clients in the corporate and association sectors, small businesses and new ventures as well. Our clients range from high-tech to high-touch and everything in between.
We are experts in understanding how people make decisions and the values guiding their choices. We’re working now with clients for post-Covid growth by identifying changes in customer decision making and building road maps for recovery and revenue growth.
What Sets Us Apart: Results That Work
We’re known for making our clients feel confident and assured they’ll get results that work.
- We’re known for results that move our clients’ business forward and have a proven track record of success. This is evident in the comments customers have about our work.
- Our clients tell us repeatedly that our work is packed with “content, insight and clarity.” Hard decisions are made easier. Guesses are replaced with confidence.
- Our work and attention to client needs is hard to match. We’re agile and adjust easily to changes, nuances and unexpected challenges.
We’re known for results that move our clients’ business forward and have a proven track record of success.
- Our methodological expertise underlies the success our clients have with our results. We don’t just use traditional methods; we’ve invented new ones that advance the state-of-the-art in predictive accuracy. Many Fortune 500 Companies use us for this reason.
- Our clients credit us with helping them increase their performance in measurable ways. Substantial and sustainable gains in revenues, profit margins, market share, member and customer satisfaction are typical results yielded by our work.
- Our methods travel easily across a wide variety of markets from high tech to high touch and everything in between.
- All of our work is customized to your particular needs. We don’t use or offer cookie-cutter solutions.
- We know how to work in environments for your constituents including C-suite executives and Board members as well as operational teams and customer-facing professionals.
Our research does not stop with descriptive findings.
- We’re known for carrying the implications forward into actions and real solutions that work for you.
- You don’t have to wonder what to do with the findings of our work. We supply the insight you need to move your business forward with confidence.
We’re an award-winning and client-focused company for service and ethics.
- We have won awards in service and ethics from notable organizations including: The Fairfax County Chamber of Commerce, The Washington Post, The Washington Business Journal and HR Leadership Awards of Greater Washington.
- Our client- focused approach is evident in the comments customers have about our work.
“The findings led to a 20% increase in lead generation and a 17% lift in sales closure rates.”
“With Decision Making Research…we were able to achieve our objective of out-marketing our competitors by developing more effective marketing messages, not by increasing our marketing expenditures.”
“The findings are like the Holy Grail of Marketing Strategy.”
“As a result of the work by Decision Making Research, we identified “hot button messages” for use across the full spectrum of the sales and marketing process… Our revenues doubled in two years and we received the Gartner ‘Magic Quadrant Award.’”
“The results led to a 17% increase in membership revenues in one year and a 35% increase in member satisfaction and retention.”
“What Decision Making Research does is give you the eyes to view yourself as your customers do. If you are to be a vital and functional organization, this is something you cannot do without.”
“Fantastic. Now I know how to keep guests happy and add to my revenues as well.”
“This is remarkable. We needed some basis for setting our priorities beyond our own judgment, and now we clearly have it with Decision Making Research.”
“As a result of the work of Decision Making Research, we received two times as many qualified leads from an industry conference as we had …in the past two years combined.”
“What emerged through the research was the discovery of a subtle but powerful metaphor that served as a unified theme and spoke to the needs of executives, nurses and care-givers and IT personnel as well.”
“Decision Making Research exceeded our expectations.…The findings led to strong sales growth and increased profit margins as well.”
“The findings achieved significant cost savings in employee benefit programs …In addition they led to a surprising twelve percent improvement in job satisfaction in one year and 20 percent the next.”
“Mary Beth enabled our practice to get to the root of what will drive success…We didn’t get just a sales pitch to market. Rather, we got information on what defines our brand…This is an invaluable resource for any business…”